Welcome to my first post in the FriYAY Cocktails series!! I loooooove a good cocktail, and I love Fridays, so it’s the best of both worlds!
I have some friends coming over tonight for drinks before heading out to one of our new absolute favorite restaurants in our neighborhood. My boyfriend and I live in Jersey City, NJ and have discovered Left Bank Burger Bar on Newark Ave and let me tell you…IT IS AMAZING. Anyways this little number is what I plan on having on tap for the evening before heading out.
Personally, I didn’t find this drink too strong. But then again, I had a bit of a hellish week at work. So my opinion mightttt be a bit biased.
This cocktail literally contains some of my all time favorite flavors: pomegranate, ginger, lime, and mint. I also love lavendar and honey with a passion…but I don’t think that would mix.
Also this cocktail may LOOK on the girly side, but so far it’s been a hit with the gentlemen as well. Although, I don’t think they were fans of the gold printed “cheers” glasses lol.
I hope you enjoy my first original cocktail! Please drink responsibly and remember, it’s never too late to mix in a water 😉
A small handful of fresh mint leaves
4 oz. gin
8 oz. pomegranate juice
juice of 1 lime
1 can of ginger beer
frozen pomegranate seeds
- In a jigger, or large glass, muddle 4-5 mint leaves until you can easily smell their aroma
- Add the gin, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and a handful of ice
- Top your jigger and shake well, or mix well in your glass
- Pour your drink into the intended glass about 2/3 of the way up, then top with ginger beer. Make sure the mulled mint leaves don’t fall into your glass!
- Add 1-2 tbsp of frozen pomegranate seeds, a slice of lime or two, and a few remaining (un-mulled) mint leaves and enjoy!