Have you ever made something a little different and thought, “ehh I’m sure it’ll be halfway decent”, and then you’re totally surprised by how good it actually is?
Well, if not….make these brownies.
I still can’t get over how pleasantly surprised I am at their outcome! I found this recipe a while back on Instagram and to be honest I haze ZERO idea who posted it. So I really can’t give credit where it’s due… 😦
They’re AMAZING. Period. Seriously they’re so yummy, rich, moist, just outright decadent. Best part? All it takes is 5 ingredients. That’s right, you read that right, 5 ingredients! Also I’m aware this is 2 brownie recipes in a very short amount of time, well sorry not sorry!
Let’s not waste any more time, shall we?
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar, plus a tiny bit more
1 cup butter
16 oz. dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking dish with foil. Mine is 13×9
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar well until it makes a sort of dough. Don’t be alarmed if this takes a few minutes longer than you anticipated! Once it’s combined, set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the 8 eggs really well until fully combined and they’ve started to expand. This also took longer than I thought, don’t worry, just keep going for like 5-7 minutes on high.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together until completely smooth. Add it to your beaten eggs, and stir to combine. Stir it welllllll
- Pour about 2/3 of the batter into your baking dish and set aside. Ok this is where things can get a tiny bit tricky. You want to mold your peanut butter dough into the same shape as your baking dish, but a tiny bit smaller, and about 1/4-1/2 an inch thick. I found it easier to do smaller rectangular parts. I really wish I took a picture of this ugh!! I gently pressed each mini rectangle of PB into my batter in the baking dish to create the middle layer. After the majority of the baking dish was covered with a layer of PB, I topped it with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes